Doing Things Differently From Day One
We imagined a fee-only model centered on listening and collaboration. Then brought it to life.Our Founding Story
- Listen, and then listen to be fully present whenever another person is speaking: client, colleague, friend or family member. Aspire to become one of the best listeners in the world.
- Keep a beginner’s mind to nurture the habits and attitudes that sustain a curious mind and an open heart.
- Seek mastery to commit ourselves fully to developing the skills, expertise and wisdom to excel in our profession.
- Create energy, not time to invest in our own self-care: plentiful sleep, rigorous exercise, healthy diet and rejuvenation.
- Embrace change to create a mindset that seeks and welcomes opportunities for evolving Abacus’ services, the team and ourselves.
- Practice gratitude to openly express thankfulness in a myriad of ways for the richness of our lives and the gifts of others both great and small.
- Remember that “it’s not about me” to always think through the lens of the client and her goals and worldview rather than my own needs, perspectives or worries.
- Celebrate to rejoice in the successes of clients, team members, the firm and ourselves.
- Commit to radical responsibility to make clear agreements with clients and peers and to bind myself to honoring these agreements.
- Honor the sanctity of confidentiality to respect a client’s gift of sharing his dreams, values and fears with us and to keep that information within the walls of “2500 Devine”, without exception.
Giving back is a given at Abacus. We’re committed to giving regularly of our time, expertise, and at least 1% of our revenue.
Regularly featured in Barron’s top advisor list and elsewhere, our team members are thought leaders in the top tier of our profession.